full tones or 2 tones?

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/
Lowandslow
Flag: Great Britain

Re: full tones or 2 tones?

Postby Lowandslow » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:02 am

Found this beauty with Ultimate on Saturday.
received_237975709972187.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paulst

Postby paulst » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:42 am

One other thing to consider, is how good your hearing is. I suffer from tinnitus and need a bit of help from hearing aids. I don't use my hearing aids on digs, in case they accidentally get dislodged and lost. So my personal preference is 2 tones. This allows me to pick the 2 tones that suit my hearing preference. I then select Audio Response 7 to even out the volume, i.e. louder sounds are subdued and quieter sounds are amplified. And finally, I adjust the headset VOL. This means I don't have to strain to hear those faint deep targets and my ears won't be blasted by large shallow targets. I just hear a good or bad signal at the volume I want and dig the good ones (within reason). The one thing this does loose, is depth perception, so I just glance at the Control Unit for a bit of guidance. I don't see this as a major problem, since I'm going to dig a good signal no matter what the depth! I hope this is of some use to others with less than ideal hearing :D

MrBeasley

Postby MrBeasley » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:18 pm

And this is where a machine like a Deus excels. I also have a Garrett 400i, if your hearing doesn't suit it there ain't nothing you can do about it. The Deus allows you to fine tune the audio with so any options, and that can be priceless. It's all about the sound.

jadocs

Postby jadocs » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Full tones for me because the nuances tell me much more about what's under my coil.

LiamNolan
Flag: Ireland

Postby LiamNolan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Interesting topic and to be honest I have not experimented with either setting, so I better start comparing asap! The tones are what the brain picks up on and so its of immense importance that we get the best possible info into the ears. I have a lovely field opposite a pre-10cc church that has given up roman, saxon, medieval and everything else, but in different parts of the very large field, stream along one side that has a roman ford apparently. Just been ploughed, waiting to be seeded, so the land is available for detecting, though the finds rate is not as good as I want. The targets are there but I am not hearing them .. old Deus, 9 ins coil, 17 ghz, GMP, tracking when possible, sometimes pop into Deus Fast.
If I win the Lotto I will buy another NEW Deus and all the other bits. Fantastic machine that performs well beyond my intelligence, Liam :D

Return to “XP Official Web Site”